12. You have the possibility he will always pity you, due to the fact a very important factor you can’t be is really a white male.
13. He could feel great about causing you to “really” American: assimilated, integrated, intermarried, perhaps not standing aside.
14. He could judge you far more harshly if you are haughty as well as bitchy than he’d judge a white girl, because he secretly believes you ought to be grateful he picked you.
15. If he’s a keeper, he’ll stand up to their mother that you aren’t the “exotic mistress, ” or a fancy little “touch of the tarbrush, ” tsdating or any of the other phrases from the TV movie Queenie that you could watch a million times, sitting on the couch with him with your feet in his lap, even while you complain that Mia Sara “white-washed” the role of the Anglo-Indian Merle Oberon character, a role that should’ve been cast with an actress of color if he has to and make sure she gets it.
16. However, if he’s not a keeper, you may wind up needing to think about him as an adventure, and like after virtually any kind of adventure, you might awaken in a strange sleep with a tattoo in an urgent destination, lips high in apologies and explanations, however in the conclusion no chance to excuse marrying somebody you knew, you suspected, was racist deep down, although you didn’t understand for certain, maybe not till the 2016 elections.
17. He’s currently produced key plan of how he’ll keep carefully the young ones in america, to be raised if you end up getting deported or detained and he becomes a single parent by him and his mother.
18. He might maybe maybe maybe not recognize that he’s white, or he could feel upset with you for constantly mentioning it. Or, worst of all of the, he’ll shame you for “still bringing that up, ” though it’s been countless years, though you both are making the dedication of wedding. He could also think consciously, she didn’t have that chip on her behalf neck.